Friday, July 30, 2010

True love

"Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing. Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part.But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away." (1 Cor 13:1-10)

"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written:" For Your sake we are killed all day long; We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter." Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 8:35-39)

I told you in my first post that I found from the Bible a promise of new life. But I didn't tell you what I actually asked every time from God in my prayers: true love, a husband and children, because in fact that time I was so lonely and felt myself so deceived that I craved something true to my life that would also remain in it. I have to tell you that I prayed for this for 3 years and every time I felt at my heart the same answer: the right man would come to my life. I'm currently engaged with a handsome man who believes in God. But he isn't perfect and I'm not perfect. I believe he truly loves me and his strenghts fill my weaknesses. He's my blessing from God that I prayed for and I learn joy from him. I can see Father in his big brown eyes and his being sighs peace. But despite his faith he uses sometimes pretty bad tongue and he's into violence. He even likes alcohol and tobacco.That's why I wonder why God led him to me? I mean it was he who was first interested in me. I'm asking this because he has a fiery nature and I'm opposite, like water. Anyway, he came here from elsewhere looking for happiness and I believe peace of mind as well. Behind his strong being he's a fragile person. Could I heal his wounds that linger at his heart? I've found Christ and I've been healed myself. Maybe God wants we're together for He wants to show my fiancé that he always has a chance for repentance. But he believes in God in his own way and that's enough for me.
Today I'm asking you, what is true love?
I think there is no greater example of true love than death of Jesus Christ on the cross, there's no greater love than his deeds and wisdom. No human can love as strongly, purely, passionately and certainly as Him. The whole New Testament is full of great examples of true love. I even think that Paul has expressed true love the best in his letters, especially in the 1st Corinthians.
Now I've answered to question who is true love but next I'd like to list some qualities that I personally see should be fulfilled in it, and excuse me if some of them are clichés: Your companion loves you the way you are in your natural God given shape - he/she wouldn't change anything in you. True love accepts every ethnicity and colour. So the second quality is that he/she loves you forgiving your mistakes and imperfection. True love is also honesty, loyalty and respect towards each other. It's also first caring about your companion, then about yourself. It's giving exactly what we need or in the best cases even more than we desired. True love is also fulfillment, passion, happiness, BLISS. True love is also family: there's no stronger bond between mortal than mother's devotion to her child. True love allows you to feel all kind of feelings from joy to sorrow and anger. It gives you a shelter from madness of the world: in true love we've found peace and harmony. And always remember this: even if your companion's love would forsake you, Christ's love never will; If I'll one day divorce with my fiancé I'll be forever married with Jesus Christ.












No comments:

Post a Comment